For the last few years, we have been part of Young Professionals (yes, we still qualify as “young”) that supports the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation of San Diego. We have helped put on fundraiser events, filmed award and event videos, and participated in most of the events. This year is no different. We would love to invite you to join Team Beacons Point for this year’s Moonlight Beach Great Strides event on May 21st. This may sound familiar if so, you are right! All of the donations from our Holiday Happy Hour have been donated to our team.
Cystic fibrosis is an inherited chronic disease that affects the lungs and digestive system of about 30,000 children and adults in the United States (70,000 worldwide). A defective gene and its protein product cause the body to produce unusually thick, sticky mucus that:
- clogs the lungs and leads to life-threatening lung infections; and
- obstructs the pancreas and stops natural enzymes from helping the body break down and absorb food.
In the 1950s, few children with cystic fibrosis lived to attend elementary school. Today, advances in research and medical treatments have further enhanced and extended life for children and adults with CF. Many people with the disease can now expect to live into their 30s, 40s and beyond.
Latest posts by Alex Meade (see all)
- Now Hiring – Marketing Specialist – Graphic Designer – Video Editor - June 13, 2017
- 7 Ways to Create Engaging Content - May 24, 2017
- Team Beacons Point for Cystic Fibrosis Great Strides 2017 - April 11, 2017