Beacons Point is a video-first content marketing agency and Platinum-certified HubSpot Solutions Partner headquartered in beautiful, sunny San Diego. We’re looking for a talented, critically thinking Marketing Manager ready to make a difference and build their future with us. This is an entry- to a mid-level position for someone with experience managing content marketing and promotion strategies they can bring to our growing, vibrant digital marketing agency. All while having a kick a** time doing it.
We trust in simple ideas, quality content, and authentic relationships that have the power to empower people and improve lives. And we hold tight to our core values:
We stay curious.
We embrace the journey.
We rise to the challenge.
We remain humble.
We’re looking for someone who wants to do the same.
As our Marketing Manager, you’ll work on our sales & marketing team, which is responsible for all sales, marketing, and overall new revenue growth for the agency. This role is perfect for a creative marketer who loves to develop unique content ideas, digital strategies, and constantly strives to exceed expectations. It demands a confident, detail-oriented individual with experience leading strategy, setting goals, building relationships, analyzing data, and delivering successful campaign results. We’ll also ask you to support company growth goals, review agency marketing plans, and, generally, be awesome.
- Work directly with VP of Marketing and alongside our Client Success Manager to establish operational priorities and deliverable deadlines
- Effectively self-manage project and task deadlines
- Assist in shaping and executing Beacons Point’s marketing and content plan
- Work with our content strategy, platform operations, and video teams to develop and maintain ongoing content and marketing strategies
- Copywriting for blogs, web pages, emails, social posts, outbound & sales content, etc.
- Copy edit and proof content from vendors
- Assist in digital advertising (Google search, display, and social media) campaigns
- Manage email marketing program inclusive of ideation and content development
- Coordinate webinars, online events, masterminds and handle promotion
- Podcast coordination including guest management, podcast promotion, and asset creation
- Managing HubSpot CRM, Marketing, and Sales Hub including publishing content for social media, blogs, landing pages, emails, workflows and sales sequences.
- Conceptualize and examine A/B or multivariate testing on landing pages, thank-you pages, calls-to-action, and emails
- Follow best practices for on-page SEO, grammar, and writing styles
- Manage internal agency SEO strategy including keyword tracking and backlink outreach
- Setting SMART goals, tracking performance, and making suggestions to optimize for improved results across agency initiatives (content, social media, etc.)
- Lead social media strategy by planning, managing, and executing campaigns; this will include identifying and authoring content, scheduling posts, and monitoring and responding to audience interaction
- Communicate effectively and often to ensure all stakeholders are aligned and aware of marketing plan status and progress including the latest metrics
Characteristics We’re Looking For
- Confident decision-making abilities
- Optimistic attitude with a strong desire to lead
- Excellent ability to communicate clearly and decisively
- Ability to rise to the challenge
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Willingness to work and contribute in a team environment
- A propensity for creative and critical problem solving based on observed data and external research
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Capacity to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong writing and editing skills, including short-form copywriting
- Consistent commitment to staying honest and hungry
We Need You To Have the Following
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
- At least two years of experience in a marketing or sales role
- Expert, fluent command of writing and editing in English
- Competent understanding of the inbound marketing methodology
- Understanding of Google Drive applications
- Solid understanding of major social media platforms
It Would Be Great If You Have the Following
- HubSpot Inbound and Content Marketing certifications
- Experience using HubSpot
- Knowledge of project management and PM platforms (Asana)
- Knowledge of data visualization and reporting practices
- Sales or business development experience
- Knowledge of digital advertising management platforms such as Google Adwords, LinkedIn Campaign Manager, and Facebook Business Manager
- Digital advertising strategy and execution
We Can Offer You
- Full-time annual salary position ($55,000-65,000)
- 10 days accrued vacation in addition to sick days, some federal holidays, and company holidays (PTO days increase after 1 and 2 years of full-time employment)
- 6 sick days after 90-day probationary period
- Flexible work schedule options
- Medical benefits assistance
- 401k with employer match
- Vested participation in company profit-sharing program
- Ability to work remotely
- Remote work environment stipend
- Company events
- Paid training, professional development, and networking opportunities
- Annual minimum 3% base salary increase for employees in good standing
- Performance reviews and promotional opportunities
How Do You Apply?
Please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Your name and “Marketing Manager” in the subject line
- Your cover letter addressed to “Clark Griswold”
- Your answer to the question, “What is your favorite holiday movie?”
- Your resume
- 3-4 writing samples of varying types
We look forward to considering you as a new member of the Beacons Point family.