Beacons Point is a high-growth inbound marketing agency and HubSpot Gold Certified Partner Agency headquartered in beautiful, sunny Carlsbad, CA. We’re looking for a hungry, talented Business Development Representative (BDR) ready to make a difference and build his or her future with us. This is a junior-level hybrid position for someone with a broad skill set who is excited about personal and professional development as well as joining a small team to help the agency hit and exceed our goals.
We trust in simple ideas, quality content, and authentic relationships that have the power to drive monumental growth in business. And we hold tight to our core values:
We stay curious.
We embrace the journey.
We rise to the challenge.
We remain humble.
We’re looking for someone who wants to do the same.
The Sales Development Representative is tasked with identifying and generating sales opportunities through both inbound and outbound calling activities. The right candidate will be one who works well under pressure, thinks out-of-the-box, easily initiates relaxed but informative two-way phone conversations with prospects, and is highly self-motivated. The right candidate will also understand how to assess a company’s needs and cater to the outreach to each prospect specifically. Given that we’re a small shop, it is likely you’ll find yourself also assisting in strategy development, analysis of campaign performance, agency marketing and generally being an awesome person.
- Conduct high volume prospecting (60-100 activities per day) to qualify leads through calls, emails, and social media
- Follow-up on inbound marketing leads and identify qualified opportunities providing appropriate levels of information at the right time for interested prospects
- Be responsible for educating and developing prospects leading to hand-off to sales teams
- Create target prospects lists and penetrate key accounts
- Cold call into prospects generated by a variety of outside sources
- Identify key players, researching and obtaining business requirements, and presenting solutions to begin the sales cycle
- Profile strategic accounts identifying key individuals, researching and obtaining business requirements and presenting solutions to start the sales cycle
- Set appointments for the sales team when a lead reaches a qualified stage
- Nurture new marketing leads by educating and developing prospects until they are ready to speak with a field sales rep
- Drive attendance for webinars and live events, and set meetings for conferences
- Collaborate with sales and marketing team members on strategic sales approach
- Ensure successful follow-through of the sales cycle by maintaining accurate activity and lead qualification information in CRM application
- Understanding of HubSpot CRM and sales tools
Characteristics We’re Looking For
- Positive and optimistic attitude with a strong desire to learn
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Willingness to work and contribute in a team environment
- Ability to think critically and be creative
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Capacity to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong writing and copy-editing skills
- Confident decision-making abilities
- Consistent commitment to staying honest and hungry
We Need You To Have the Following
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
- 1+ year of successful experience in telemarketing, preferably in marketing
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written, coupled with excellent listening skills and a positive and energetic phone presence
- An obsession with prospect happiness - set the stage for effective sales follow-up.
- The courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
- Extremely self-motivated with a diligent work ethic
- High level of integrity and a strong commitment to building a successful company
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Adept computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office & Apple Pages/Numbers
- Experience with CRM applications preferred (HubSpot)
- Expert, fluent command of writing and editing in English
- Intermediate understanding of major social media platforms
It Would Be Great If You Have the Following
- HubSpot Inbound, Sales Marketing or Inbound Marketing Software certifications
- Previous experience working in inbound marketing and video production
We Can Offer You
- Full-time salary position + Performance Bonus
- 10 days accrued vacation in addition to sick days, federal holidays and company holidays
- Flexible work schedule options
- Medical benefits assistance
- Monthly technology stipend
- Killer office environment in Carlsbad, CA
- Monthly company lunches and happy hours
- Paid training, professional development, and networking opportunities
- Quarterly reviews and annual promotional opportunities
How Do You Apply?
Please send an email to email@example.com with the following:
- Subject line "BDR Position"
- A cover letter addressed to “Andy Dwyer” with your annual salary expectations
All applications will be screened and those that meet our criteria will be called for an initial phone interview.
We look forward to considering you as a new member of the Beacons Point family.