THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED AND IS NO LONGER OPEN.
Beacons Point is a high-growth inbound marketing agency and HubSpot Gold Certified Partner Agency headquartered in beautiful, sunny Carlsbad, CA. We’re looking for a talented, creative Video Editor ready to make a difference and build his or her future with us. This is a mid-level position for someone with experience editing impactful video marketing content for small to medium-sized businesses.
We trust in simple ideas, quality content and authentic relationships that have the power to drive monumental growth in business. And we hold tight to our core values:
Lead by example.
Serve with a passion.
Never stop exploring.
Always maintain integrity.
Outperform the competition.
We’re looking for someone who wants to do the same.
The Video Editor will work closely with the Director of Media Production and content development team to help execute the video content marketing strategy for our clients. This is a full-time, salaried position working from our office in Carlsbad.
- Manage files from shoots and prepare footage for editing
- Independently edit video content following the direction provided in production outlines and scripts
- Work with Video Coordinator and Director to review edits and create revisions based on feedback
- Assist in managing the distribution of video content
- Work with the Content Strategist and Video Coordinator to help create production outlines and scripts for video shoots
Characteristics We’re Looking For
- Positive and optimistic attitude with a strong desire to learn
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Willingness to work and contribute in a team environment
- Ability to think critically and be creative
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Capacity to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong writing skills
- Confident decision-making abilities
- Consistent commitment to staying honest and self-directed
We Need You To Have the Following
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
- Past experience in a marketing role (preferably in an agency setting)
- Expert, fluent command of writing and editing in English
- Intermediate ability editing in Adobe Premiere Pro with basic audio mixing skills
- Basic understanding of After Effects with the ability to quickly learn new motion graphics techniques and how to edit templates
It Would Be Great If You Have the Following
- Experience working with marketing platforms like HubSpot
- Experience creating and customizing video channels like YouTube, Wistia, or Vimeo
- Experience with video production including camera operation, lighting setup and production coordination
We Can Offer You
- Full-time salary position (salary is based on experience)
- 10 days accrued vacation in addition to sick days, some federal holidays and company holidays
- Flexible work schedule options (available after probationary period)
- Medical benefits assistance
- Monthly technology stipend
- Killer office environment in Carlsbad, CA
- Monthly company lunches and happy hours
- Paid training, professional development, and networking opportunities
- Quarterly reviews and annual promotional opportunities
How Do You Apply?
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Video Editor in the subject line with your resume attached
- A cover letter addressed to “Smokey Bear” with salary expectations
- Provide a link to a portfolio or samples of your work and specify exactly what your role was (this is important)
All applications will be screened and those that meet our criteria will be called for an initial phone interview. Applicants selected to proceed to the next round will be asked to complete a sample editing project to assess their skill level.
We look forward to considering you as a new member of the Beacons Point family.